While watching movies can scare you silly, there’s nothing that compares to your imagination. It can conjure up more eery visions than what you see on screen, so if you’re a fan of scary stories, here’s a list of books designed to make you jump. Or, at least, shift around your seat uncomfortably.
‘Till next time!
1) The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood.
2) Rebecca by Daphne DuMaurier.
3) Miss Pergrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. (Although targeted for young adults, this novel had enough creepy vibes to provide just as many chills.)
4) Like with the movie, The Shining by Stephen King wins in the book department.
5) Also like The Shining, Misery wins for being just as scary.
6) The Stepford Wives by Ira Levin.
7) Beggars in Spain by Nancy Kress.
8) Hannibal by Thomas Harris.
9) The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. (Also targeted for young adults but kept me on the edge of my seat.)
10) The Suspicions of Mr. Whicher by Kate Summerscale. (This is a True Crime book and keeps you on your toes!)