To conclude Literature Week, I asked the guests who’ve been on my show what is a book that they would recommend. I sure hope you found a book or two you’d like to read and, if so, please let me know which and what you thought of it.
1. My first guest was Dr. Travis Helms, psychologist extraordinaire. He wanted to recommend his book but it’s not yet published. I will definitely announce when it’s ready. In the meantime, he recommends Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini (although he’d like me to mention that he has a chapter that is similar in topic and is much better).
2. My next guest was Nellie Tork, poet. She recommends To The Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf.
3. My next guest was Jennifer Carpenter. She strongly recommends The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz. I’ve heard of this one; I might check it out myself.
4. Katarina Ivanov said that reading is for “boring people” but if there was a TV show that described her best it would be Sex and the City. She made sure to say that Samantha was her idol but that she carried herself like Carrie. Not sure what that means.
5. Eden Rowley recommends Venus and Furs by Von Sacher-Masoch. Interesting title and interesting book cover. I wonder what it’s about…?
To view all episodes of my show in order, please visit here.