I always thought one could count on the music industry’s talent to bring forth the edgier side of fashion but this year proved me wrong. Some are saying the Grammys were somewhat boring, as far as fashion is concerned, and, I think, I might agree. I have only a few that I liked and the others are only OK. I’ve included a “I’m Confused” category for those fashions that are, well, confusing. To me, at least.
For the slideshow’s entirety, please visit here.
My Favorites Category
1. Queen Latifah’s dress is nice, simple, and elegant. She’s such a classy lady!
2. Sarah Hyland – She’s an actress but she made my cut. While some fashion experts didn’t like her dress, I thought it looked great on her. Spunky and cute, just like her.
3. My third favorite was the duo Macklemore and Ryan Lewis. A very chic look for the newcomers.
4. Taylor Swift’s dress was beautiful. I read she said it felt like wearing armor, but you couldn’t tell. It laid on her so elegantly.
5. Rita Ora’s dress is so shiny, I loooove it! And I wish my hair could get so wavy.
The “OK” Category
1. Beyonce’s dress is only OK because while I think it’s daring, I don’t think it’s very flattering. The bottom of the dress reminds me of the bottom of a cake or my mother’s curtains. I would be so scared to wear something like this.
2. Gloria Estefan’s dress is a nice, bright red; however, the top of the dress reminds me of blood. And that makes me a little uncomfortable.
3. The dress on Alicia Keys is a pretty blue but I have to agree with some other fashion critics, it’s a little boring. Oh, and the cleavage…so daring.
4. I want to like Colbie Caillat’s dress but that partition in the middle is a little distracting, I think. And distracting because it doesn’t look quite finished. Dare I say, there should be more drama to the dress…?
5. Madonna, Madonna…my childhood is filled with her memories, especially having to secretly listen to her music as my mother would never approve of her. She is so bold and gutsy…but I feel this look is just too “been there, done that” for her.
“I’m Confused” Category
1. Katy Perry’s dress: I’m Confused.
2. Daft Punk: I’m Confused.
3. Cyndi Lauper: I’m Confused.
4. Sara Bareilles: I’m Confused.
5. Zendaya: I’m Confused.