Happy Valentine’s Day, my dears! I don’t have a boyfriend but it doesn’t stop me from loving this holiday any less. I’ve compiled a list of my “Most Romantic Evers…” for the categories of songs, dates, movies, TV relationships, and getaways. These are things I find to be most romantic and am happy to share them in case someone is looking for ideas.
If you have a Valentine, have a wonderful day and evening and, if you don’t, don’t despair. The One is surely out there waiting for us. ‘Till next time!
I. My “Most Romantic Ever” Songs that would make me melt if someone dedicated to me on LA’s KOST 103.5’s Love Songs at night:
- “You’re the Inspiration” by Chicago
- “The Power of Love” by Celine Dion
- “I Want to Know What Love Is” by Foreigner
- “Endless Love” by Diana Ross and Lionel Richie
- “I Will Always Love You” by Whitney Houston
II. My “Most Romantic Ever” Dates. These haven’t happened to me…yet.
- A picnic on a bluff overlooking the ocean during sunset.
- Being serenaded to with a song written just for me.
- Dancing in the moonlight.
- Watching an old, classic movie together cuddling.
- Drinking hot chocolate together and reading a favorite novel together.
III. My “Most Romantic Ever” Movies:
- If it’s the holidays, nothing beats It’s A Wonderful Life.
- Sleepless in Seattle
- The Wedding Planner
- The Notebook
- Say Anything
- Pretty Woman (even though it’s somewhat scandalous with her being a prostitute and all…)
- Never Been Kissed
- 27 Dresses
- Valentine’s Day
IV. Who I consider to have the “Most Romantic Ever” Relationships on TV:
- Rachel and Ross (Friends)
- Luke and Laura (General Hospital)
- Victor and Nicky (The Young and the Restless)
- Carly and Jack (As the World Turns)
- Brooke and Ridge (The Bold and the Beautiful)
- Tad and Dixie (All My Children)
- Buffy and Spike (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
- Marshall and Lily (How I Met Your Mother)
- Lucy and Desi (I Love Lucy)
- Derek and Meredith (Grey’s Anatomy)
V. My “Most Romantic Ever” Getaways:
- Tuscany, Italy
- Kauai, Hawai’i
- St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands
- Seychelles, Republic of Seychelles (Where Prince William and Princess Kate honeymoon’d. Sigh…)
- I know Paris would seem like a logical choice but I would rather bicycle through the fields of lavender in France’s Provence region seeking the perfect picnic spot (where I’d be serenaded to, of course).