Hello everyone! I recently came across an old copy of Real Simple Magazine and enjoyed an article titled “What saying do you most often repeat?” and I thought I would share it with you. There’s wisdom in everything. (Article is found in the July 2013 copy, pp. 19-20.)
Enjoy and ‘till next time!
1. “You can’t put the meow back in the kitten.” – Be careful what comes out of your mouth; you can’t take it back.
2. “De gustibus non est diputandum.” Latin for “There is no disputing about tastes.” A nice way of saying something’s “tacky.”
3. “You can’t be bored unless you’re boring.” I love this one. Think: imagination.
4. “I’ll try anything twice.” You can’t always form an opinion about something on the first try.
5. “What someone thinks about you is none of your business.” Amen.
6. “You win some, you lose some, and some get rained out.” Disappointments always happen, but it’s important to focus on the opportunities around the corner.
7. “There is no magic fairy.” Oh, it’d be nice.
8. “This is a First World problem.” I hear this a lot and we have to remember we have much to be thankful for in the developed world.
9. “Getting old ain’t for sissies.” It’s important to keep things in perspective.
10. “Beauty is as beauty does.” Similar to “beauty is in the eye of the beholder” which my mother always says.
11. “Inch it!” Tackling problems one step at a time doesn’t seem so overwhelming. I need to remind myself of this often.
12. “Heavens to Besty.” This would diffuse any tense situation.