Hello everyone! Looking for some frightful events around town? Look no further! I’ve got just the list for you. I haven’t tried most of these, and that’s because I’m a big scaredy-cat, but I know you’re not, right? Right?!
Have a hauntingly good time! ‘Till next time.
1. Similar to the Blackout experience, Alone: An Existential Haunting is something you do alone, as the title suggests. That’s, by.your.self. (Spine shuddering.) It is at an undisclosed location in downtown Los Angeles so to get more information please visit the site, as well as to purchase your tickets to enter a place that you and your imagination can, and will, run wild.
2. A haunted house fan? You must visit Delusion. This is an interactive experience in a theatre-like environment with professional actors and stunt-persons guided by an original soundtrack to take you into a world of darkness and beyond…if you dare.
3. And speaking of theatre, Zombie Joe’s Underground’s Urban Death is something to witness. I went, blindly, to their Halloween show three years ago (didn’t do my research ahead of time!) and was totally freaked out. As I mentioned earlier, I’m a big scaredy-cat and found myself grabbing on to the stranger to my left for comfort, especially because there was no one sitting to my right except for roving zombies and other scary creatures. They say on their site that the show is not “for the faint of heart.” This is true.
4. Raymond Hill Mortuary is set in South Pasadena’s Fremont Centre where they transform the building to its original roots as a mortuary, a place where there was no respect for the dead. The head of the mortuary, Orson Cross, known as The Mortician, was thought to be a horrible person seen as corrupt and depraved. If walking among the dead is your thing, go check this out. It’s also a double-whammy (pun intended) as proceeds from the event go toward educational funds.
5. I try to focus on the Los Angeles area; however, this next one kept popping up in my search and so I decided to check it out. Sinister Pointe Productions puts on a maze every year in Brea, CA and this year’s is called Beyond the Mirror: A Bloody Mary Tale. The reviews are fantastic and people are raving about it. If you’re into mazes and don’t mind being followed, separated from your party, or disturbed by the disturbed, then check this out.